Wednesday, February 20, 2008


Our lives have been super busy and crazy the past few months and we have neglected or blog! We are so sorry, things have been non-stop here between work, travels, and weekend events! Since the last blog I have started my inernship at Cook Children's Medical Center! I started on the 21st, and I am about to finish my first rotation which is on the Epilepsy Monitoring Unit. It has been a wonderful 5 weeks, I have learned so much and met some great children. My next rotation will be in the pediatric ICU, and then I will move to the Hemotology and Oncology Clinic. I will be done on May 9th, and the plan was to take the certification test on May 22nd in San Diego, but we are not sure if that is going to happen now. I have to apply to take the certification test and I need to have 480 hours by March 31st, and as of right now I will have 450, unless I can get 30 more hours in, I will not be able to take the test until November. Its not the worst thing that could happen, I can get a job without certification, it just makes me more marketable if I had it. The November test would be better, it will be offered in Atlanta, GA which would make traveling there easier for Jeff and I. Other than this obstacle, things have been wonderful with the internship, I am loving it, and God has only solidified that this is where I am to work.

No comments: